Monday, July 18, 2011

Want a peek inside a trade only fabric showroom?

There are many reasons to hire a trained interior designer.  Oh, the things we can help you with!  We  have access to some really special places, and one of my favorites are the "trade only" fabric showrooms.  The selection is completely and totally awesome and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful. There are thousands upon thousands of choices, so their help is important.  Otherwise I'd have to spend much more time (at an hourly rate to my clients mind you), tracking down that perfect pattern in just the right colorway.

Karen Saks is one of our showrooms and A. Hoke is the other.  And they're right across the street from each other, which is very helpful, except that the road is super busy and crossing it is life threatening, but I'll save that rant for another day.

Would you like to get a peek inside the Karen Saks showroom? I just happened to take a few pictures last week to show you!


Rows and rows of fabric manufacturers, organized by vendor, type and color.


 
Here's an example of one row.  Nicely organized.


Fabrics, trimmings, wallpapers, furnishings and rugs are scattered throughout.


Tables down the center aisle to hold our bags, notebooks, laptops, etc.  My table is always piled high with "stuff."   I'll bring my camera to A. Hoke this week.  Same business, super nice people, very different kind of floor plan.





Ciao,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment