Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Will there be paparazzi?


I've been contacted by 2 reporters for different print media in the last 24 hours.  They want a designer's perspective on light bulbs and color.  The word is out--I talk a lot!  Did you know that when a reporter calls you and says "do you have a minute?" they don't mean they want to schedule a time to talk about their subject matter?  Oh no.  They ask a question, and as you answer you can hear furious typing on the other end!  No time to formulate something wise or witty.  You are ON.


This picture has nothing to do with anything, it's just from the yard last year and I thought you'd like to see it--kind of a break from me blabbing about my (non existent) rapport with the media.


 I've had this happen several times now and should be better prepared.  Couldn't I at least ask what the topic is and then say I'll call them right back?  Nope.  Not me.  So I spout off and then wonder what the heck I'm going to sound like when it's in the paper.  Luckily (I think), they don't really quote you exactly.  So if I said something dumb, I have the comfort of knowing that it's not exactly what I said.  Ok, small help.

If I sound wise in the article, I'll let you know about it.  Otherwise, this will be our last discussion on this topic.

Ciao,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment