Sunday, June 19, 2011

Small changes add up in interior design

Here's our sofa in the window.  I love to sit there, especially on sunny winter days.  The light makes the room sparkle and I get to see who might be driving down the road or coming down our driveway.  But in the Spring, that window is filled with Annabelle hydrangeas and I want them to be the focus.  So....

I moved the sofa over to the side and flanked the window with a club chair.  Lovin' it, but then came up with one more change...



I took the grids out of the lower half of the windows.  Now those hydrangeas are on stage the moment I enter the room  Bravo hydrangeas, such a great show!  When they die back, I'll probably move the sofa again.  I hope you can see how small changes like these can give you a home that always makes you smile.

Ciao,
Anne





1 comment:

  1. I love the way you keep changing.Even I used to keep changing the look in our old Apartment, just by rearranging the furniture.
    It is good to read to your blogs.

    ReplyDelete