Saturday, October 16, 2010

Gray--who knew?

So now the trendy color duet is gray and yellow.  It's everywhere and it looks great!  Fresh, cool, clean.  But I caution you not to go overboard.  I remember when we all felt that brown and blue was SUCH a great combo.  Now it looks dated, which it is.  If you have a blue/brown vibe going on and you want a change, may I suggest you just switch out one of those colors.  Like change the blue for a sparkling green. Or switch the brown to gray and accent with cream.  Will feel new again.  Many of us fall in love with the latest color combination and there's nothing wrong with that.  Trends are fun!  But don't feel surprised when it gets old replaced a few years later.  Trends are not classics.  Life is like a box of chocolates.  Hey, that made perfect sense to me.

Anywho, back to gray and yellow....




Nice.  I was never a gray fan.  After living in Ohio for 4 years with the famous "lake effect" constant gray skies, I had my fill.  But now I can appreciate it.  Enough time has passed and I'm living in super sunny NC, so I can see how pretty it is.  But what I really like is...

Gray and orange.

These are from the designer Christopher Peacock's own kitchen that was shown in the October Traditional Home magazine.  I love those gray walls and the pop of orange on the windows.  I know, it's just a tiny bit of both. The white cabinetry really cools it all down.  That's just the way I love it!

Ciao,
Anne




No comments:

Post a Comment