Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A project for Earth Week-Reuse, Restore, Recycle!

Oh dear, I'm such a bad blogger.  Something else catches my attention and I'm gone.  There are so many things out there that have my attention!  This week I'm getting ready for out of town guests (fun!), Easter (yay!) and Grandboy's birthday (whoo hoo!).  This trifecta of events is keeping me hopping.   It's perfect that Earth Week is also now because it all goes together--rebirth, renewal--and today I'm adding my latest renovation project to the mix.  I'll do it next week when Grandboy is off from school.  When he's on vacation, I'm on vacation!

So here's what I found yesterday at the Habitat ReStore:

Nice little bedside table.  Solid, clean, great potential.  I paid $20.  Some dovetail joinery on the drawer.
 
I had to get an azalea bush in the picture.  They're blooming all over the place and are SO pretty!  Hub puts on his Jim Nance voice and pretends we're at Augusta with the velvety grass, azaleas and dogwoods in bloom.

The plan for the table so far is to sand it down and paint it glossy white to place in the guest room.  New drawer pull, of course.  The top may get a different color or finish, not sure yet.  We don't have to reinvent the wheel here, but need to give it a little more thought.  Could put a piece of mirror on the drawer or top. It's an overdone idea these days, but so far I haven't succumbed to it and the guest room is a dark room, so some reflection would be great.  A little piece of mirror carefully cut from the talented folks at CG&D Studios would make it easy peasy.  Hmmmm. 

Enjoy the day!

Ciao,
Anne 

No comments:

Post a Comment