Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"and I shall have some peace there" - a quick review


Just wanted to tell you all how much I'm enjoying reading this book.  I've been folloring Margaret Roach's blog for about a year.  It's fun to read about her gardens and her life.  Her photos are gorgeous and her cat is a hoot. 

But the book...oh my.  The writing is stunning.  She's going to win every prize out there.  It's thoughtful, intelligent, interesting, colorful and so descriptive that when I'm reading, I'm right there with her.  The story, in a nutshell, is that Margaret was a woman with a great job (we're talking bigwig) in NYC and a tiny, old weekend home where she gardens.  She leaves the big job behind and is now living full time in that tiny house, gardening and writing. 

This is the kind of book that I can read at night, right before bed.  It puts the busy-ness of the day out of my head.  I'm only reading a couple of pages a night because I don't want it to end. For me, that's the sign of a great book.  I often laugh out loud while reading and there's always something to think about.  Loving' it!

Ciao,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment