Thursday, February 24, 2011

Expressions Furniture in Raleigh--I could move right in

I want to do a quick post about my visit to Expressions Furniture in Raleigh.  I melted into this store from the first step--it's a warm, inviting, well done environment.  This is not a place to find some cheap and cute stuff for your rooms.  This is a place to find those pieces that you're going to fall in love with, be proud to have and design the rest of your interiors around.  The prices are not palatial, they're not scary high and they're not ridiculous, but Expressions is where you go to spend a little money on some solid, well made, well designed, comfortable furnishings that have a classic sensibility (no matter what your preferred style, you need some anchoring pieces) with a modern twist.  Oh, that was a long sentence.






The fabric selections are abundant.  The knowledge of their product is fantastic.  I spoke with Chris Melcher, a design consultant in the store, who was brimming with good info, tips and help (and she has such a great hairstyle!).  Natural flooring products (sisal, sea grass, wool), fabulous leathers, the latest Sunbrella outdoor fabrics that SOFT to the touch (even velvet!). 


one side of the fabric sample room

Furniture, lighting fixtures, accent tables, artwork.  My favorite Holtkoetter floor lamps are sold there--there is no better lamp company for me. 

I'm going to do one or two posts giving you some solid direction when decorating your rooms in different styles and will use pictures from my visit to Expressions, so you'll get a chance to see more. 

Oh!  And my Find of the Week is from Expressions, so I'll (try) to post it by Friday.   Oh dear, that's tomorrow!

Ciao,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment