Sunday, January 9, 2011

I like this room makeover!

House Beautiful, February, 2011

I just finished reading the new issue of House Beautiful and found this great "One-Day Makeover" in it's pages.  It's got lots of good ideas.  Above you see the "before" room.  Large but narrow space, good light coming in.  What the homeowner was doing was using 2 sofas, back to back.  So we're looking at the blue sofa, but there's a white one right behind it.  It makes for difficult conversation and narrow aisles on each side of the room.  Poor use of space.  Kind of boring.

Room by Healing & Barsanti

So here's the "after" shot.  Love the new floor plan. Not sure if you can tell, but there's a dining table and chairs at the far end of the room.  Great use of space.  Love the vibrant artwork on the left wall and the purple lamp.  I like how the white coffee table gives the eye a place to rest amid all the color.  Not sure I'd have chosen those drapes, but I'm quibbling.  They pulled blue and purple throughout the room and that's one of my all time favorite color combinations.  That tie dye rug is delicious and all the furniture looks useful and comfortable.

It's not a boring room anymore!  Very liveable and attractive.  This is a room that would make me smile!

Ciao,
Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment