Saturday, November 13, 2010

Find of the week

I almost didn't find a "find" this week!  It doesn't always have to be a piece of furniture.  There are no rules here.  It just has to be interesting,  useful, a real bargain or whatever I'm in the mood for.  So this week it's something very useful in home decor.  But first, let me introduce to you When Pigz Fly, a lovely shop on Six Forks Rd. in North Raleigh.  I've gone by it many times and have wondered about it, but finally stopped in yesterday.  Loved it!  Here are some pictures:

Does this look familiar?  It sits, all by itself,  in a residential part of Six Forks Rd.  The owner, Diane, is there Wednesday through Sunday, from 11:00-7:00.  Pay attention to those hours so you don't frustrate yourself.

It's a small shop, but between the areas outside and inside, there are lots of things to see and buy.  This picture only shows you one corner.



Fair trade items, local artists, NC products abound. The lovely artwork above the shelf is by Susan Dahlin Bashford, a Raleigh artist.  Ornaments, soap, handbags, scarfs, clothing, jewelry, food, metal art, antiquey pieces, garden sculptures, cards, oh, I've got to stop because I know I'm leaving out a ton.  This is a great place for interesting pieces for the home as well as gifts for teachers, hostesses, friends, etc. 

Ok, here's the Find of the Week;


See these hooks hanging from a metal basket?  I believe the tag says $3 each.  You know when you see those beautiful handblown glass balls in stores and galleries, or some lovely thing that you know would be perfect  in your home dangling in a window, casting off light, color and interesting shadows, but you have no idea how you're going to hang it so you just pass on by?  Wow, that was a long sentence.  Well here's the answer.

I'm going to buy some of these to hang off the curtain rod in the living room in the big window.  Then I'm going to hang vintage Christmas ornaments that I've had forever on the ends.  I'll do this after Thanksgiving.  That's my plan anyway.  But I could think of 100 things to hang from these hooks that will look great, and not just for the holidays.

I hope Diane has lots of these in stock.  While you're there, be sure to really look around and scoop up some of  the other items in the store.  They won't be there if you think you can come back later.  She has a great eye, lots of customers, lovely, unique items for sale AND she's far from the mall, so you will totally enjoy your shopping experience.

Really, this whole store was a find.

Ciao,
Anne




No comments:

Post a Comment