Friday, September 3, 2010

SuzAnna's Antiques in Raleigh

Oh my gosh, this place is SO GOOD.  Suzanna's Antiques on Durant Road in Raleigh is chock full of stuff!  I've only been visiting this store for a little over a year, but every time I go, they've grown again, switched things around and added more vendors.  Now they've gone and added another building!  This new addition means that most of the store is now totally indoors (used to be very opened up and no heat, no air conditioning), so it's a much more comfortable place.  I could easily furnish much of an entire house here, regardless of the owner's style.  There's a lot of architectural salvage, loads of dressers chairs, table, lamps and accessories.  Many things could be repurposed in all sorts of ways.  Truly the epitome of Green Design.  Nothing is "new."  Great prices.  Some things need elbow grease and imagination--my favorite tools.

I know, I sound like a commercial. Don't mean to, but I so enjoy places like this.  There's even a guy who sells fresh veggies and fruits.  Just take a look at SuzAnna's blog and then head over there. 


This is just a small slice of the place.

Ciao,
Anne

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! We should pay you! What a great post and "ad" for us! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete