Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A sparkling kitchen




This kitchen,done by Downsview Kitchens, is in the current issue of Architectural Digest.  It is a sparkling, well done space.  There are SO many ideas here.  I'm sorry the picture is so small, it's the best I could do.  You can see a 2 page ad of it in the magazine.  Look at the little cabinets at the very top.  Opaque glass fronts with lights inside.  Lovely.  Look at the stainless fronts on a row of small drawers.  Lovely.  Look at the victorian-style drawer pulls, updated in a chrome finish.  Sparkle, sparkle.  The chrome flows through the space in the pendant lighting, in the trim around the range hood and in several more places.  I am not a fan of the dark brown wood wall--I think the balance is kind of off there, and that tea caddy is just visual noise to me, but there are so many other great things to see in this space, I'll just avert my eyes on the things I don't like and enjoy the things I do!  My favorite detail are the stainless fronts on those drawers.  Anyone could do that and it looks great.  Well done!

Ciao,
Anne

1 comment:


  1. Bathroom Interior DesignsIndia's finest decorative arts for luxury home furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles excellence in producing and Quality standards. will give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home. custom living room furniture

    ReplyDelete